Add to our Collection!
Thank you for your interest in donating to the Evanston History Center. Every year, new artifacts and documents are added to the collection through your generosity. These donations continue to help us fulfill our mission to collect and preserve Evanston’s History.
We are always taking donations! Because of our mission we accept only those artifacts that MEET all of the following criteria:
1. The object or document must relate in a significant way to the history or prehistory of what is now Evanston.
2. Sufficient information about the history and function of the object or document must be available at the time of acceptance to justify the research and/or interpretation value of the object.
3. The object or document must not represent an unnecessary duplication of artifacts already in the collection.
4. We must be reasonably assured that the donor has legal title to the artifact or document and can convey that title to the Evanston History Center. We cannot accept items known to have been illegally imported or acquired or to have resulted from the improper destruction of historic or archaeological sites, buildings, districts, or objects.
5. The object or document can be acquired without restrictions (such as requirements for the long-term loan, permanent display, or exhibition of an entire collection).
6. The object or document is in reasonable condition, has no extraordinary conservation needs, and can be adequately stored and cared for by the Evanston History Center.
To see our full guide to donating to the collection, please click here.
Questions? Interested in donating?
If you have any further questions or would like to make a donation, please contact the appropriate staff member:
Donating 3-dimensional objects?
Contact Kris Hartzell, Director of Facilities, Visitor Services, and Collections, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 847-475-3410
Donating clothing, jewelry or other clothing accessories?
Contact Interim Costume Curator, Rachel Jennens, by emailing email@example.com or calling 847-475-3410
Donating records, papers, photographs and other archival items?
Contact Grace Lehner, Archivist, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 847-475-3410